Problem: There’s pornography or other offensive material on your Facebook timeline
When you find pornography or other offensive material on your Facebook timeline there are a few possible reasons.
- Personal attack: You have upset someone or someone is acting unusually and they are posting the content themselves (i.e. it’s not a hacker or virus). If you haven’t upset someone then it’s unlikely this is the reason.
- Friend’s Facebook account hacked: Your friend probably had a weak password and so their account has been hacked. Someone is posting as them and they don’t know about it.
- Your Facebook account is hacked: You had a weak password and so your Facebook account has been hacked. The offensive posts look like you’ve posted them, but you didn’t.
- Personal attack:
- Contact the person via phone or text to check if they know what’s happening.
- If it is a personal attack then block them on Facebook and possibly on your mobile phone too.
- Friend’s Facebook account hacked: Ask them to delete their posts from your timeline and change their Facebook password to something stronger.
- Your Facebook account is hacked: Remove the posts from your timeline and change your Facebook password to something stronger.
- You can’t get in to your Facebook account: A hacker got in to your Facebook account and changed your password so you’ve lost access.
Let me know if this helped or not. If it didn’t I will try my best to help you. I will then update this page to improve it for others in the future.