I am a technology tutor providing one to one tuition for computers in and around the Abergavenny area (including Crickhowell, Monmouthshire, Blaenau Gwent). I can teach any level from complete beginners who have never even switched a computer to advanced level.
Here are some examples of what I can teach, although I can teach a lot more than this.
Computer Courses (Abergavenny and Surrounding)
- Switching a computer on / booting it up
- Mouse and keyboard – how do we interact with a computer?
- What are the different types of computer? – Apple (OSX), Microsoft (Windows) etc
- What is an application?
- What can applications do?
- How do we start an application?
- What is the internet?
- How do we connect to the internet?
- What is a website?
- What is a web browser?
- Search engines – how do we find information (and websites) on the internet?
- Online safety
- Useful websites: Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia
- Taking photos and editing them: Photoshop (or GIMP) – remove red eye, improve the colouring of a photo, change the background in a photo, digital art
- Design a simple website
- Security / passwords
I can also teach you how to use a smartphone (iPhone or Android), laptops (Dell, Acer, HP etc & Macbook Pro / Air) and tablets (iPad, Samsung). Starting at the basics and working up.
Technology is a great tool that can help you do work efficiently, but it can also be a lot of fun. I am a patient and friendly tutor. Contact me if you’re interested. So if you want lessons then click on the underlined ‘Contact me’ text (which is known as a link) in the previous sentence to contact me.